An Okada rider has lost his life Thursday morning after he was electrocuted along the Old Otukpo Road, Makurdi, in Benue State.
An eyewitness who spoke with Journalists said that the motorcyclist was taking a passenger to her destination when he came across a high tension wire that had fallen off an electricity pole when it rained late Wednesday.
The eyewitness said the motorcyclist was wanned by passers-by not to use the road but he refused. His passenger, however, got down from the bike.
However, as the bike man tried to move past, part of his motorcycle touched the naked wire which caused him to be electrocuted and burnt beyond recognition.
Breaking News20 hours ago
BREAKING: Buhari relaxes lockdown of Lagos, FCT, Ogun
News10 hours ago
INM mourns Nnamdi Kanu’s passing, warns against Desecration
News8 hours ago
Abba Kyari’s daughter slams Nigerians who accused her father of being responsible for Nigeria’s problem
Breaking News2 days ago
BREAKING: Osun loses two COVID-19 patients
Breaking News1 day ago
BREAKING: Buhari to address the nation today over Covid-19 lockdown
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Kano govt breaks silence on mysterious deaths, lists possible causes
News1 day ago
VIDEO: Travellers arrested by Osun state lockdown enforcement officials
Editorial2 days ago
Edo 2020: Seeing Odubu As The Moses Of Edolites